But like, really really last minute. Who else in this boat?! Why does it feel like V-Day snuck up on us this year? It’s Friday, Valentine’s Day is sunday and you still have no clue what you’re going to do (because we’re in a pandemic)
You may be thinking to yourself! ‘OMG! It’s too late to plan anything for valentine’s Day!’ and you’re wrong! In no order to best to worst, here are some cute last minute Valentine’s Day gifts and treats!
2. Create a scavenger hunt- You can do this around your house, their house or the neighborhood. Places you’re familiar with. Let one clue lead to another and go with them around finding the clues. I’d recommend 5 clues because Corona and then at the end of the fifth clue, they will get a prize from you! It’s cute, innovative and will be quite personal
3. Netflix and Chill valentine edition- Stock up on their favorite snacks, choose a funny or cheesy movie, depending on their taste. String up some fairy/christmas lights, get some blankets and set up the perfect movie night; Just you, them and the TV
4. Come up with hand-made coupons- This is for those that don’t want to be overwhelmed by the strain of doing so much on one day. Choose two/three activities that can be spread across the weekend. One for Saturday, one for Sunday, maybe one for Monday. This way, you can stretch out the love as long as you can and not feel overwhelmed by the ONE DAY
5. Couple’s Experience- Anything you’re doing, let it be for two. It could be a massage, a pedicure, anything that you experience together, this is the time to do it
6. Romantic DIY gift- So you don’t have time or money to order their favorite perfume or their favorite watch, why not make them something? IT’ll be funny and heartfelt! Last year, Deji made me a card because he didn’t want to buy one from my brand. It’s still the sweetest thing ever because he did it himself, all the words inside were his. It could be a card, a jar filled with reasons you love them, a coupon book of things you’re willing to do for them!
7. Sip and Paint(or color) for two– Set up a date for both of you with paint, a small canvas each, get some wine, some cheese, come crackers and then choose a unique painting to recreate! Get our creative juices flowing and also add in some competition to the romance
8. Take a Drive- Research a beautiful Spot, pack up some snacks (i love food, sorry) and go on an adventure. Let them control the music, take the top of the car down and VIBE
9. Karaoke- There is Karaoke on youtube! And after a few drinks, it gets pretty fierce. Choose your Mics, or borrow some brushes, grab some drinks and food and reminisce on the STYL plus songs you used to love
10. Whine and Wine- There are A LOT of sites that have questions you should ask your partner. Print out some, open up and drink, cozy up next to each other and talk! Nothing beats talking because you can never know everything about the person you love.
Valentine’s day tends to apply pressure (especially if you are a man or a loving woman) but if there’s anything Corona has taught us, it is that we need to place less value on THINGS and more value on EXPERIENCES. What we miss are the interactions, you can still order THINGS online.
Happy Valentine’s Day Bumblebee!
Make sure to BURN (your exes’ pictures), BLOOM (a new hobby) and BE loved. Even if it’s by YOU